Monday, April 8, 2013

Tangled

I pride myself in being a fairly big Disney fan. But I had to admit that I haven't seen every Disney movie. Normally the big released I tend to see them in the theater but for some reason this one slipped by back in 2010. So when I saw it was playing on TV I recorded it on my DVR and it's been sitting there for over a month. Today I finally decided to sit down and watch Tangled. Here's a brief synopsis: The magically long-haired Rapunzel has spent her entire life in a tower, but now that a runaway thief has stumbled upon her, she is about to discover the world for the first time, and who she really is.

My Review: I LOVED it.. it's charming, funny and witty.. everything a Disney movie should be. It was great for kids and also fun for adults. I enjoyed the characters and cool action scenes. I had no idea that this was a musical, but I guess I should have guessed.. I mean it's Disney afterall. And I really enjoyed the songs.  The animation was classic Disney.. but I did read on wiki... "The film employed a unique artistic style by blending features of both computer-generated imagery (CGI) and traditional animation together, while utilizing non-photorealistic rendering to create the impression of a painting " which I found very interesting. I really enjoyed the "sidekick" characters, the chameleon and dog like horse. All in all a fantastic movie and one that I will for sure be buying on bluray. I give it a solid A

1 comment:

  1. This is a huge film in our house. My daughter adores it and both myself and my wife never complain when she wants to put it on. We even have the soundtrack which gets played quite a lot. The song i have a dream is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete