Friday, May 10, 2013

2013/2014 Fall TV Season

Today the networks announced what TV shows were being renewed or cancelled as well as announcing new shows to their line up. Some shows I watched were cancelled and some I loved were renewed. There are also several new shows I can't wait to see.. I'm going to go network by network and talk about each one.

ABC

Shows I watch that were renewed: Last Man Standing, Modern Family, and my favorite TV show on right now Once Upon A Time.

Shows they cancelled that I enjoyed: Happy Endings and Malibu Country. It was a hit and miss with Happy Endings but I really enjoyed Malibu Country as I'm a huge Reba fan, so I was bummed that it didn't get picked up.

New shows that are coming to ABC that I'm looking forward to: Once Upon A Time in Wonderland, a spin off of Once Upon A Time and if it's anything like the original I'm going to be hooked.  I'll give Resurrection a look but the one I think I'm most excited to see is Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

NBC

Shows I watched that were renewed: Nothing, I was watching Grimm and it was renewed and I do plan to go back and watch the series in the future. 

Shows they cancelled that I enjoyed: The New Normal, loved this show along with Partners on CBS. The main characters were gay, both were comedies and were extremely funny but also had a lot of heart... they will be missed.

New shows that are coming to NBC that I'm looking forward to: About a Boy, loved the movie and will give the TV show a chance. Believe, liked what little I have read about it. And Michael J. Fox show as I'm a huge MJ Fox fan.

CBS

Shows I watched that were renewed: How I Met Your Mother, Amazing Race and The Big Bang Theory.

Shows they cancelled that I enjoyed: Partners, was very said to see this go. Only ran for maybe six or so episodes.

New shows that are coming to CBS that I'm looking forward to: Under the Dome. That's about it, not a huge CBS watcher.

FOX

Shows I watched that were renewed: American Dad, Simpsons, Family Guy and New Girl (gave up on Glee finally)

Shows they cancelled that I enjoyed: Touch, I watched the pilot and loved it. I plan to go back and watch both seasons in the near future. Same with Fridge, I saw the first six episodes of season one but that's it. I do plan to go back and watch the entire series.

New shows that are coming to FOX that I'm looking forward to: Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow and maybe Surviving Jack.

CW

I don't watch anything on the CW, I do watch Supernatural when Felicia Day appears on it as a guest star, but other then that I'm not watching anything on that channel.

So overall not a lot of my shows were cancelled and I'll be picking up a few new ones come the fall. Not sure if I'll continue watching them but I'll give them 3 to 5 episodes to hook me. 

Oh I almost forgot about some "cable" shows. Clone Wars was cancelled by Cartoon Network and I was super bummed about that.. it was a casualty of Disney buying Lucas Films.

But some good news was Syfy picking up Defiance for a second season. They have only aired about five or six episodes of season one but I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing. I'm still watching Lost Girl, though I'm behind a bit but it too was picked up for another season.

And of course BBC America has more Doctor Who planned... wooohooo

No comments:

Post a Comment