Friday, June 7, 2013

Goonies, Podcasts, Workout and Bees

28 years ago today I was a young man (14/15) watching what would be one of my all time favorite movies. I remember wishing I had a group of friends like The Goonies and we'd go off on these crazy adventures. Of course that never happened but I did see The Goonies six or seven times in the theater, got the book, soundtrack and anything else I could find. When I drove up north in 2010 I had to drive through Astoria, Orgeon (that's where the story takes place).

This movie is still one of my all time favorites and they did a fantastic 25th anniversary blu-ray release a few years ago, they even created a Goonies board game with it.. I can't wait to see what they do for the 30th in a few years.  Happy 28 years Goonies.. and remember Goonies Never Say Die!!!

Today I worked on my next Alien Nation podcast, again I've been struggling with motivation (future blog post to come), but I did manage to put in a few hours of work. Still have a few more hours to finish but I'm well on my way. 

I continued with my workout: 15 minutes of cardio on the elliptical,
3 sets of 10 on the chest fly for my chest (75 lbs),  3 sets of 10 working on my back (75 lbs), 3 sets of 10 on the front leg press (45 lbs), 3 sets of 10 on the free weight (110 lbs), 3 sets of 10 on the bicep curl (45 lbs)

Not my pix, but it's what it looked like
As I was walking outside to the garage a heard this loud buzzing sound I looked around and bout five feet above my head was a swarm of bees. Now I've seen swarms of bees in movies and on TV but it doesn't prepare you for when you actually see and hear them. The buzzing is deafening, there had to be at least a few hundred. I remember thinking to myself.. don't move, just be still and they will go away. I mean swarms of bees are known to kill people. It was tough trying to stay still as my legs were like jello and it took everything I had to just wait patiently as the passed by. It was one of the scariest moments in my life.

I went and saw Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing at the Arclight in Hollywood, I'm going to post a seperate review blog for that.

After the movie I went and grabbed some In-N-Out with Dallas, Jes and Jen before heading over to my buddy Robert's place where I was crashing for the night as we were going to hang out at Disneyland tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment