Thursday, June 6, 2013

Twitter, Dinner and Superman

I created some new business cards for my production company... Geekyfanoy Productions. Now that I have my new logo I wanted to get some new cards made. I tried various templates but I think this is my favorite. It's simple, easy to read and to the point.. just what a business card should be. What do you guys think?

I've been on twitter almost since the beginning and I've slowly built my following. I'm currently at 2459. It helps that I'm a podcaster and worked for The Guild as alot of my followers are from there. I guess they find what I say interesting as my followers continue to grow but at a much slower pace these days. I remember when I hit 1000, then 1500 and finally 2000. I was so excited. To think that I have over 2000 people who want to read my dribble about my life and geeky things... it's pretty awesome. Will I hit 2500 by the end of the year.. who knows all I know is I enjoy interacting with my followers and I hope to continue to entertain and talk geek for many years to come.

Tonight I had dinner with my buddy Christopher. I've known Christopher for over 10 years now, it's crazy how times flies. We went to Islands and had a delicious dinner while catching up on each others lives.

When I got home from dinner I still had to do my workout.. I was procratinating all day and now it's 9pm and I'm tired but I still have to get my cardio done. So I jump on the elliptical for 30 minutes. It wasn't as bad as I thought.. at least once I got going.

I ended the night watching Henry Cavill who is playing Superman in Man of Steel on Leno. Not only is this guy gorgeous, British but he's a geek. He was telling Leno how he reacted when he got the part. He was playing WOW and was raiding.. so when the phone rang he ignored it because you can't pause an MMO and he didn't want to leave his fellow guild defenseless. When it finished ringing he looked down and saw that he had a missed call from Zack Snyder (the director of Man of Steel). He was sure he blew it, he quickly called them back and the rest is history.. but I mean come on.. how awesome is that story.. he's perfect Superman.

I can't wait, it's only a week away and I've gone on "radio" silence for all things Man of Steel. No more featurettes, no more trailers, commercials or anything else that shows anything about Man of Steel. I want to go into this movie without seeing half of it on TV. This is one of my top three movies to see this year.. Star Trek was first, this is second and The Hobbit 2 later this year is third. Man of Steel is going to be EPIC!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment