Monday, June 3, 2013

Podcasts, Working Out & TV

I was somewhat production today.. after spending an hour watching reactions on you tube to last night's Game of Thrones episode. I don't even watch the series (yet) but I do know what happens so it wasn't really spoilery but it was fun watching folks go from being stun, to crying, to screaming to being angry and to swearing off the series... good stuff.

In the afternoon I jumped on Skype with my friend Teal to record a quick mini podcast for "My Gimpy Life" podcast. She currently has a kickstarter for the second season and I wanted to get a podcast out for the last 10 day push. So we got the recoding done and then chatted for another 20 minutes or so. Afterwards I took an hour to edit the podcast and got it posted and available for download.

So I'm starting to work out again.. my current weight is 208

Today's Workout:

10 minutes of cardio on the elliptical
3 sets of 10 on the chest fly for my chest (75 lbs)
3 sets of 10 working on my back (75 lbs)
3 sets of 10 on the front leg press (45 lbs)
2 sets of 10 on the free weight (110 lbs)
1 set of 100 jumping rope

I really do want to take better care of myself. I would love to get below 200 before my 43rd birthday in September.

Syfy's Defience is back.. they took last week off because of the holiday but today it was back. Again this series doesn't blow my socks off but it's constantly entertaining and makes me want to come back each week for a new episode. They are defiantly building up the storyline with the on going mystery but still have fun entertaining stand alone stories.

I also started watching The Fosters, a new series on ABC Family about a multi-ethnic family mix of foster and biological kids who are being raised by two moms. I saw a preview at the theater when I went to go see Star Trek Into Darkness and made a note to make sure I DVR'd it. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if I'm going to continue watching.. I'll record them and if time permits I'll continue to watch.

Overall it was a fairly productive day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment