Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pacific Rim - My Review


I went into this movie not really knowing much about it. I knew it had monsters fighting robots but that was about it. I had seen a few previews and it looked fun. I'm a huge Guillermo del Toro fan, loved his Hellboy movies (especially the second one). Really enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth and when I heard he was directing The Hobbit (before he dropped out) I was happy with this news. So I was going into this movie pretty much figuring I'd love it as I tend to love these kinds of movies.

What I saw on screen was a modern day "monster" movie, ie Godzilla. The effects were amazing, everything looked so real and never did I once think.."Oh this is so CG". I loved the story.. it actually had a nice story about family (Father/Daughter, Father/Son and Brothers) and friendship. The acting was great. I especially liked the little girl who played young Mako (Mana Ashida), all she did was cry and look scared but OMG she was amazing.

I loved the banter between the two scientists... brought some much needed comedy to this really action packed/serious story. It was great seeing Ron Pearlman (he's in alot of del Toro's movies). Music was great as well.

I saw a PGA screening in 3D. I don't really think you need to see it in 3D, but with that said it didn't really distract me from the story.. honestly I didn't even think about the 3D the entire movie. So it was well done.

This is a must see in the theater.. I hope to see it a few more times before buying it on blu ray. This is going to be a great addition to my library. I give Pacific Rim a solid A

No comments:

Post a Comment