Sunday, July 7, 2013

Goodbyes, Minions and LOTRO

This was the day I was not looking forward too.. the day we say goodbye to Chris.

This morning at 8am I was woken up by Chris' text telling me that he was ready to be picked up. Told him we'd be there in a hour and a half since I still had to get ready and Robert was still sleeping and the fact that I live about 45 minutes away from where he was.

Somehow Robert and I were able to get up, get ready and get to Chris by 9:30am. Chris had gone back to our friend Jes' place around 3:30am. He meet us out front as everyone was still sleeping upstairs. Chris had packed his bag before he left but failed to mention to me that his shoes were by the front door so I only grabbed the bag and put it in my car. So Chris had no shoes to go home in. He only had the white patent leather shoes from his tux, which he had to return. So we stopped by a Walgreens and pick him up a pair of flipflops.

Afterwards we went to a diner to have some breakfast, I know how much Chris likes trying new places and he had never been to the NoHo Diner. Breakfast was very tasty and there were large amounts of it. While there we planned out the rest of our day. Chris had a plane to catch at 4ish at LAX and we needed to get him there at least 2 hours beforehand since it's a holiday weekend.

We opted to go to the movies near LAX, which would make things easier. I've never been to the Rave but have heard good things about that theater. We were seeing Despicable Me 2. Chris just saw the first one at my place a few days ago.

We all enjoyed Despicable Me 2, it was funny, sweet, and had alot of heart. There were more minions and they even played a bigger role in this movie towards the end. Like with the first movie this one made you feel good, lots of action, laughs, and some tears. I give Despicable Me 2 a solid B

After the movie we headed to LAX to drop off Chris. It was different saying goodbye to Chris this time because he was coming back in a week and a half for Comic Con. I gave him a big kiss on the cheek, which I don't think he appreciated :) And Robert and I say our sad goodbyes.

Robert and I then headed back up to my place but first we dropped off Chris' tux and picked up some Pollo for lunch.

Once back at my place Robert and I got to talking about rom-coms and I told him that my favorite was While  you were Sleeping. He had never seen it, so we had to watch it. This is the movie that made me fall in love with Sandra Bullock. I'm happy to say that Robert enjoyed the movie.. yay!!

Afterward we tried to figure out what other movie we should watch before Robert headed home. We finally decided on Pitch Black as Robert had never seen it and it's a fun movie. Once again Robert enjoyed it and wants to see the sequel Riddick.

Robert and I said our goodbyes and he headed home. I jumped online to play some LOTRO. Chris, to my surprise purchased the Riders of Rohan expansion pack for the both of us. So I activated it and then check out all the cool goodies you get with it. A new mount, a ton of Turbine points and some cool armor. I started the quest to get my new steed but it was a bit more complicated then I was expecting. So around midnight I decided to call it a night and go to bed.

It's been an amazing five days spending it with two of my best buds. I wish we all lived together and could spend everyday hanging, playing around, watching movies and just having fun. But atlas we can't and who knows maybe if we hung out all the time we'd get tired of each other... nah.. who am I'm kidding.. it would be AWESOME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment