Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Friends Birthday & The Emmys

So with my plans for Hobbit Day no longer in play I was open to go hang out with my buddy Rupert and some friends as it's Rupert's birthday today (yay... Happy Birthday Rupert). I was excited to see Rupert, Robert and Luis.

Now I haven't been feeling 100% the past few days but it hasn't been anything big until this morning when I got up. My head was killing me, I was dizzy and didn't know why. I felt hot so I took my temperature and it was 102f. Well that ruined any plans of going out today. I'm glad I changed my mind about Hobbit day as I would have been very disappointed if I was going and couldn't. It was bad enough that I was going to miss Rupert's Birthday Lunch and Movie.

So instead I did nothing but try and relax on the couch and watch TV all day. As mentioned in my previous blog post I watched The Hobbit cartoon in celebration of Hobbit Day as well as wore my Hobbit feet around the house.  During the evening it was time for the 65th Emmy Awards. Neil Patrick Harris, who I adore, was the host. I wasn't really invested in any of the categories as only a few of my favorites were nominated. The show overall was okay, my favorites parts were of course Neil singing and dancing. There was this "middle of the show for no reason" dance and song with Neil and special guest Nathan Fillon and Sarah Silverman... that was pretty epic. A few of my favorites won but overall it was a ho-hum kind of show.

I was feeling better by the end of the day, my temperature was going down and the painful headaches were subsiding. Hopefully I won't be sick tomorrow for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment