Friday, September 27, 2013

Birthday Surprise!!!!

Tonight I headed over to my buddy Robert's place as we were going to a stage show out in North Hollywood. Got to his place a bit early so we watched an episode of Babylon 5  from S2 Episode 12 "Acts of Sacrifice" Here's a brief description... The escalating Narn-Centauri War begins to have strong repercussions for Babylon 5 as G'Kar asks Sheridan for Earth Force help in the war, and a diplomatic dilemma with the Lumati spells trouble for Ivanova.

A really good episode, my heart just broke for G'Kar and once again my dislike for Londo grew. I figured fights would start happening between the Narn and the Centauri aboard Babylon 5. The Centauri people are just horrible. I didn't feel any pity when the Narn caught the "Centauri ring leader" and killed him. I liked that G'Kar had to fight the "leader" of the Narn group to regain his influence over them. The whole Ivanova story line was hilarious, her "sex" with the Lumati was just to much.. both Robert and I couldn't stop laughing. Over all not much happen with the main story arc (Shadow Wars) but lots with the Narn-Centauri war. And Londo redeemed himself a bit when he didn't press any charges to the Narn who killed the Centauri ring leader... Continuing to love this series.

We then headed out to North Hollywood, we had to stop by our friend Will's place to pick up the tickets as there was an issue with getting tickets online so Will went to the box office and got us our tickets.

Got to Wills and went up the stairs, knocked on his door and was greeted by a loud roar of SURPRISE!!!! and a slew of confetti from "party poppers".  The "stage show" that Robert had invited me to was all a ruse to get me to Will's for a surprise birthday party.

They had a make your own taco/burrito bar, alcohol and fun music. We ate, drank and danced the night away. Since I was not driving I was finally able to partake in some shots. Over a four hour period I did 5 shots of Butterscotch Schnapps and another 5 shots of Fireball Whiskey. Surprisingly I wasn't drunk, I was feeling great but not drunk. Towards the end of the night, I'd say 1am I wasn't feeling so hot so I sat out on the porch by myself for an hour or so. The party finally wind down around 2am and I crashed on the couch and was asleep by 2:30am

I had the best time, Thanks to Will and Robert for putting this all together and to all those who attended. Brett, Jen, Jes, Dallas, Donna, Rupert, Aaron, Cait, Tamar, Babara and Becca. It was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment