Tuesday, October 22, 2013

House Stuff & SHIELD Ep 5

Was up around 6:30am and ready to paint, unfortunately it was foggy outside so I couldn't get started right away. It cleared around 8am and I started painting the garage. About mid day I ran out of paint and had to head to Lowes for another 5 gallon bucket. I hope this will be enough to finish up everything.

Besides the painting which I did every other hour, had to take breaks every now and then I started to clean out my garage. I have so much crap and I mean crap, stuff that was left over from the previous owners of the house. I'm going to try and get rid of as much stuff as I can. When I move I know I'll be downsizing and I will defiantly not have room for all my stuff. Even with getting rid of stuff  I'm thinking I'm going to have to rent a storage unit for my overflow.

The crazy thing about selling the house is that I don't know how long it will take. I mean it could sell withing a month of putting it up or it could take a year or more to sell. All I know is once it's sold the average paperwork time takes about 30 days, some can take 60 days but I need to be ready to go and a moments notice.

I tend to keep everything, because you never know when you might need that thing but I can't have that mindset these days. I have to ask myself if I used said item with in the past year then I can keep it but if not it has to go, either trash or good will. 

Speaking of the whole house thing I checked out my property on Zillow. Zillow is an online real estate database. It's a pretty cool website but what I like about it is that it has what they call Zestimate which is an estimate of what your house is worth. It's debatable weather it's very accurate or not but I checked out my property and was pleasantly surprised that they have my house priced $100,000 over what we paid for it. That got me super excited to sell. I did go back to the day we purchased the house in 2009 to see what Zillow said it was worth, the zestimate was $40,000 more then what we paid for the house. So even if the house is $50,000 more then what we paid I'd be extremely happy. I have an appointment with my realtor in November and she'll do the more accurate research and come up with an appropriate price for the house. I really can't wait to sell this house and be done with this whole thing. I mean I'll miss the house but not the headache and worry about it.

And on a geeky note.. I watched the fifth episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Here's a synopsis: Chan Ho Yin is a Hong Kong street magician who dreams of becoming something more. He reveals his secret pyrokinetic ability to Raina, the titular "girl in the flower dress", who kidnaps him and then promises him fame in exchange for running a few tests on his powers. S.H.I.E.L.D. team attempts to trace his whereabouts but finds that it was the Rising Tide who leaked the information that lead to his capture and the blame falls to Skye. They head to Austin, Texas where it is revealed that Skye has a relationship with said hacker Miles. They are both led back to the Bus in handcuffs while the team flies to Hong Kong to rescue Chan. Chan discovers his captors that are associated with Project Centipede are injecting him with Extremis which increases the strength of his flame powers and he becomes Scorch. However, Raina turns on Chan and orders his blood platelets to be harvested for further experimentation by Project Centipede. Scorch kills Agent Quan, attacks Coulson and May, and incinerates Dr. Debbie while Raina escapes. Skye is later harshly questioned by Coulson and she tearfully reveals that the reason she is with the team and worked for Rising Tide is to find her missing parents who were connected to S.H.I.E.L.D. in some way. Coulson pledges to help her. In the final scene, Raina visits a mysterious man in prison to discuss the outcome of the experiment and asks him to contact the "Clairvoyant".

Like with the first four episodes I loved this episode. I like that this is really a continuation of the first episode with Centipede. I like that we got more back info on Skye and what she's up to (at least we think she's telling the truth). Still loving Ming Na's character Melinda May, she is by far my favorite character followed by Coulson of course and then Fitz and Simmons. Still not a fan of Ward or Skye but not disliking them either. This was the first person "Scorch" who actually had natural super powers and wasn't manufactured, too bad he had to die. The special effects were pretty awesome for a TV series and were on par with previous episodes. It was great seeing "the doctor" from episode one and watching her get incinerated. I liked the new "bad" girl (Raina) I'm sure this won't be the last we see her.  Can't wait for Episode six, only downside is we have to wait two weeks for a new episode. Luckily for me I have all five episodes on my DVR and will likely do a mini marathon one day next week... woohoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment