Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Will & Grace, S.H.I.E.L.D & Superman 75th

So I slept horribly last night, my throat was killing me all night and even though I took Nyquil it didn't help. So I was exhausted and still not feeling great. My plan was to just crash on the couch and do nothing all day. And that's pretty much what I did.

I found a Will and Grace marathon on the WE channel. I watched this series when it first aired, 15 years ago... and loved it, I mean really loved it. I belonged to fan clubs and fan groups. This was way before social media. I even saw a few live tapings of the show in person. The show ran from 1998 to 2005 (eight seasons) and I've seen and loved every episode.

A few years back it went into syndication but I never really watched it. I'd see it on as I was flipping channels but never stopped to watch an episode. Well that was until today. I watched Will and Grace today for six hours straight, that's 12 episodes in a row and boy does this series hold up. I was laughing out loud, I was loving it. It reminded me why I love this series to begin with and I'm bummed that I let it fall by the waste side since it's last episode so many years ago.  I have now added the full series DVD box set to my wish list on Amazon and set my DVR to record episodes. This is a timeless sitcom like Three's Company and Friends. It's a series I can watch over and over again.

I also watched the fourth episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Here's a quick synopsis: There have been a series of thefts throughout the world that are almost impossibly premeditated. Coulson and his team investigates and he uncovers the identity of the thief: his former protégé, Akela Amadour.

I enjoyed this episode, it was a set up episode for a future storyline as we don't really find out who was behind this whole thing. I like that the team is coming together, I like that they are making references to previous episodes. Though I really like the "alien" and "superhero" type stories I think this series is going with more of the man made kind of techy stuff. Less flashy special effects and more character base stories... which I don't mind. That's what Whedon is all about.. Character development. Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse were all this way. Though I have to say that next weeks episode with a guy who can create fireballs looks pretty awesome.

And to finish this blog off I want to share with you a really cool video that was released on You Tube to celebrate Superman's 75th Anniversary. Superman is my all time favorite superhero so I got a real kick out of this video. Here's the details from the video "From the creative minds of Zack Snyder (Man of Steel) and Bruce Timm (Superman: The Animated Series) and produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this short follows Superman through the years, from his first appearance on the cover of Action Comics #1 to Henry Cavill in this year's Man of Steel...all in two minutes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment