Sunday, October 13, 2013

S.H.I.E.L.D., Tomorrow People & Once Upon A Time

I was finally able to sleep in.. and boy did I need it. Of course when I say sleep in I mean to 8:30am. Today was D&D day.. well not until 3:30pm so I had some time to kill and after being on set of My Gimpy Life the past five days I have collected a large amount of TV shows on my DVR so this afternoon is all about relaxing and watching some TV.

But before I get into some new shows I watched I was super excited to hear that Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. got picked up for a full seasons (meaning 22 episodes). This is awesome news as I really love these series. I don't understand why folks are hating on it.. but you know what.. I don't care. I enjoy it and now I get a full 22 episodes this season... woohoo.

I watched the pilot episode of Once Upon A Time In Wonderland. This is from the creator of Once Upon A Time and set in the world of Alice in Wonderland (if you didn't get that from the title). Here's a quick synopsis: The series is based around the Lewis Carroll fairytale classic Alice's Adventures in Wonderland but with a different twist from the other adaptations and takes place in the same universe as Once Upon a Time in present-day Wonderland, with flashbacks to pre-Curse Wonderland. As such, it is expected to follow the same setting as the parent series, including the use of Disney and Lost related allusions. In addition, the series will have crossover episodes with Once Upon a Time that will also involve a connection with the characters that are trapped in Storybrooke, Maine
 
I liked that they tied the first scene into Once Upon A Time by having Grumpy at the beginning and Emma's yellow Bug and I have to say that I enjoyed this pilot but it didn't wow me like the pilot of Once Upon A Time.

I don't know how they are going to make this storyline stretch into a series. When this series was first announced it was to be a 13 episode mini series, which made sense with the storyline but now it's a full fledged series I just don't see how that will work. But then again I said that about the original Once Upon A Time and they have reinvented the show every season and it's amazing. So I have no doubt that if any series can pull it off it will be this one. I am looking forward to episode two next Thursday.

I also watched a series I have been really looking forward too all summer since I read about it... The Tomorrow People on the CW. Here's a quick synopsis: Based on the original British television series of the same name, the series follows a group of young people who possess powers as the result of human evolution.

I have never seen the original British version from the 70's but this type of series is right up my alley. It's kind of like a cross between X-Men and Heroes. Of course the main cast members are all pretty as it is on the CW and they are known for their young pretty actors.

I really enjoyed the pilot, I liked the main characters and the effects are pretty amazing. There was this one scene that made the hair on the back on my neck stand up.. I actually re-watched it a few times, between the music and the effects it was just amazing. And it just so happens that this was a clip that they released a few months back that got my attention in the first place.. check it out below.


This clip gives me chills every time I watch it. This is right up there with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on my must see list. I just hope it lasts a full season. And luckily for this series it's on the CW and they tend to be more forgiving when it comes to ratings.

I also watched the 3rd episode of Once Upon A Time, they introduced Tinkerbell (who I really enjoyed) and a whole new storyline about Regina and her true love, who happens to be Robin Hood. I can't wait to see where that goes. Another shocker was Mulan being in love with Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) and about to confess her love until Aurora tells Mulan that she is pregnant with Prince Phillips baby. Oh my gosh my heart just broke, as did Mulan's. I didn't see this coming but I guess it's been going around internets about this love affair. I always though that Mulan was in love with Prince Phillips, and then I thought she was going to fall for Robin Hood in this episode.

Here's the heartbreaking scene.


This was another fantastic episode. This series continues to entertain me, leaving me wanting more.. I can't wait for next Sunday.

So many awesome TV shows this TV Season.. gonna have to start making the tough choice of which ones I will do away with when my free time becomes less and less.. gonna be tough. 

Right now my top three shows on TV currently are (in no particular order) Once Upon A Time, The Tomorrow People and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment