Friday, January 17, 2014

Earthquakes & Skype Chats

So I was woken up by an earthquake early this morning. This is the first earthquake in this new apartment and the fact that it was centered just a few blocks from me, it really shock.. and hard.

I was born and raised in SoCal so I'm use to earthquakes and normally just wake up, realize it's an earthquake, turn over and go back to bed but this one was so hard and sharp, that it actually scared me for a minute. I sat up and waited to see if this was going to continue. When it finished I jumped out of bed and went to the TV to see if they were talking about it. I watched the local news but nothing about a huge earthquake so I figured it was a small one and I must be close to the epic center and that was the case it was a 2.6 but as I mentioned centered just a few blocks from my apartment.

I tried to go back to bed and did for an hour or so but after trying to sleep I decided to just get up and start unpacking.. or at least attempt to figure out where I am going to put all this stuff.

Other then the earthquake, it was a pretty uneventful day.. well there was the four hour skype call that I had with Erik.. yeah that was pretty EPIC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment