Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Unpacking Day 3 & Fated Night Premiere

So the unpacking continues.. it's a bit overwhelming as I really misjudged how much stuff I really have. I think with time I'll be able to make this place look nice but for now I'm just trying to figure out where I can store everything without being in the way of other things. I have to get my guest bed and my podcasting station set up asap. I just have so many toy bins all over the place. Sometimes I don't even know where to start. But on the flip side when I do manage to get something done and it looks nice it lifts my spirits and keeps me motivated to get even more done. I figured it would take me about a week to get everything unpacked and the way I want it.. but honestly I think it will be more like three weeks to a month before I'm completely done with everything.

Took a break from unpacking to pick up my friend Jes and go to the premiere of my buddy Dove's fantasy short called Fated Night. Here's a short synopsis: In an age of honor and glory, sorcerers and demons... A group of battle worn warriors encounter a fellow comrade who has been branded a traitor. He has only moments to prove his innocence before they take his life and the life of his mysterious companion

Dove wrote and acted in it. His fiancee and my friend America directed it and my friend Jes did the wardrobe for it.  It was showing down in West Hollywood at a local bar/eatery. There was a group of 20 or so that showed up, including some friends I haven't seen in quite a while.. America, Tennyson, Tara and Yuri.. it was great seeing these guys.

Before they showed the short they aired a behind the scenes featurette, and if you know me you know I love all things BTS. After the featurette it was time for the movie. It's short with a running time of only 10 minutes. What I liked most about this short is that it was great set up for what could be an amazing movie/TV series/Web series. It leaves you wanting to see more.. which is good if they intend to make more but bad if they don't :) The acting was was well done, the sound was amazing and overall just a fantastic short. Great job Dove, America and everyone else involved.

After the premiere Jes and I went out to Islands for a late lunch. It was great hanging with Jes, we got to talk about life in general. She and I haven't had alot of one on one time so this was alot of fun and a great time to really catch up on each others lives.

Spent the rest of the evening unpacking.. we a short break to skype chat with Erik. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment