Monday, January 13, 2014

Unpacking Day 1 & "Frozen" Goodies

So I was up early as I had to drive out to my storage unit in Santa Clarita to pick up the dolly that I left last night attached to my fridge, so I could return the truck by 11am. I got to storage around 8am, managed to squeeze the dolly into my little Fiesta and made my way back to the apartment. I walked the dolly over to where my uhaul was parked (about three blocks) and realized I had left the key in my apartment... so I had to walk the dolly back to my apartment, pick up the key and then walk with the dolly back to the truck. I loaded up the dolly and drove the truck over to a local North Hollywood uhaul location and dropped it off. I knew I had gone over my miles as I had to make a second trip to storage, but I was pleasantly surprised when she told me my total of overages. Come to find out that I went about 37 miles over and I was expecting .80 cents a miles since that is what I paid just a few weeks ago, but instead it was half that and only .40 cents a mile. I don' t know why.. maybe it's because it was a one way trip and not a round trip. Either way I didn't question it and managed to do this move for just over $200.

As I was turning in the truck I texted my friend Jes who was going to come by and pick me up. I could have walked back to the apartment it was only about 2.5 miles but decided that I'd like to see Jes and take her out for breakfast so I called her up.

While I waited at the uhaul place I was standing out front with about ten or twelve "day laborers", for those who don't know what those are.. they are normally illegal Mexican's who stand in front of every Uhaul/Home Depot looking for work. I have to say I fit in pretty well with them. I had several of them come up to me and start having a conversation in Spanish, even though I kept saying I don't speak Spanish. I was very happy when Jes pulled up but also quick to get inside as five other men came running over to her car.

Jes and I headed to Denny's for some tasty breakfast before she dropped me off at home. I spent the rest of the day trying to figured out what I was going to do next.. so much stuff.. so little room. I did manage to get my living room and dining room set up. There are still a ton of things all around it but at least they are starting to look like rooms.

On the geeky side of things.. I read that they are going to make Frozen into a live Broadway show. I mean that was a given. I can't remember who I was talking to but we both agreed this was meant for a Broadway show.  Details are still in the works but you are read a bit more about it HERE.

Another Frozen goody I found.. I have been listening on you tube at various versions of "Let it Go" and I've heard some good ones but loads of bad ones, especially when it comes to guys singing it. But I found what I think is one of the best renditions male or female. His name is Court Clark. I like that he converted it to male centric (King, boy) and not just a carbon copy of the original. It also doesn't hurt that he's pretty easy on the eyes. Take a listen and let me know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment