Sunday, March 9, 2014

More Travel Prep... Less Then A Week

More travel prep today.. I called my bank to let them know that I'll be traveling abroad and using my travel visa card. I don't want them to decline my charges when I'm over there. I also found out that the "normal" fee for money conversion is 3% but since this is a "travel" visa that is waived for this card.. so I can use this card for everything (and get more travel points) and not worry about being charged extra for the money conversion. Of course the US dollars sucks against the Euro and the Pound but there's not much you can do about that.

I also went to Barnes and Noble to pick up some travel books. I don't know what kind of internet access I'll be having while over there so I wanted to get some good travel books for both Ireland and Great Britain. I never realized how many different kinds of publishers there were. I looked through five or six different types and decided that I liked the "DK Eyewitness Travel" books best. What I was looking for is something that I could open up, when I'm in a certain city and then see everything there is to do in that city.

I mean I'm planning on making a list of the "big" things that I want to see while over there but I'll be traveling through alot of smaller cities and towns and you never know what kind of treasures you'll find there. These books looked to have a ton of information and easily accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment