Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Loot & Xena

It was a very low key kind of day... my back was doing better but still at about 60% mobility. I could move but it had to be slow precise movement.

I got a surprise in the mail today from Lootcrate. Being a judge on the Geekie Awards has it's benefits and one of them was a free Lootcrate. I got a shirt, some socks, comic book, key chain and other various geeky things. Thanks Kristen

Since I couldn't move Thomas came over to hang out with me and keep me company. We watched more Xena. Our plan is to watch all of Season One before he heads home to Ireland... we might even get lucky and watch some of Season Two. Today we watched Season One Episodes 19 -22

First episode was S1 Ep19 "Altared States" Xena rescues a young boy on the run from his father, who wants to sacrifice him.

I enjoyed this episode, we are introduced to people who believe in one god. We also get to see the young Karl Urban. 

Next we watched S1 Ep20 "Ties That Bind" An old warrior claiming to be Xena's father complicates her rescue of a group of slaves.

This episode was okay, we are introduced to Xena's father and find out about their relationship. We come to find out that it's not really her father but Ares the God of War trying to manipulate Xena into being bad again. Which she does kind of regress to. I didn't like this about her character as she's been doing so much good but one incident (yes it was the so called killing of her "father") and she goes all crazy and ready to kill innocents again... didn't like that at all.

Then we watched S1 Ep21 "The Greater Good" Xena gets poisoned, and Gabrielle must take her place in fighting a warlord and protecting a village and the merchant Salmoneus, a.k.a. Lord Seltzer.

We get our first glimpse at Callisto, of course I know who she is as I have seen pictures and action figures but to the "regular" folks she's just some blonde warrior. But then the story turns and we don't see her again. I did like seeing Gabrielle pretend to be Xena and of course it backfires and all the craziness takes place. Xena's death scene was touching but we all knew that she wasn't going to really die. 

And finally we watched S1 Ep22 "Callisto" A blonde woman called Callisto kills innocent people stating she's Xena, Warrior Princess, and Xena and Gabrielle try to stop her. They meet for first time a warrior-wannabe called Joxer, and Xena has to face a dark event from her past related to Callisto and her village, Cirra. 

This is an episode I have been looking forward to. As I mentioned I kind of knew about Callisto but had never seen an episode with her in it. She is one twisted women. She's the polar opposite of Xena. Can't wait to see where her story goes. We are also introduced to Joxer who is completely in this show for comedy relief, he's a dork but I like his character. This was my favorite of the episodes we watched today.

No comments:

Post a Comment