Sunday, July 27, 2014

San Diego Comic Con - Day Five

So I woke up freezing and achy around 5:30am, I had to pee. As I got out of bed I noticed that neither Scott nor Chris were here. I slept for six hours on the foot of the bed with only my cloak on me and they didn't even bother to come back to the hotel.... I was not a happy camper. I went to the bathroom and then jumped in the middle of the bed and covered myself in the warm comforter and tried to get a few more hours of sleep.

I was up at 7:30, still no word from Chris or Scott. We had to check out of the hotel today by 11. I texted Chris but got no response (I figured his phone was dead). Ray, Michael and I packed up our stuff and got ready for con. Still hadn't heard back from the guys so I texted Scott and a few minutes later he responded. I asked if Chris planned on coming back to the hotel as we needed to be checked out in an hour or so. Scott informed me that Chris had called the hotel and got a late check out and that he and Chris had not slept all night and would be coming to the hotel to crash for a few hours.

So Ray, Michael and I packed up our stuff in our cars while Chris and Scott crashed in the hotel room. We headed down stairs for a very tasty breakfast, we were joined by my friend Rupert. While we were walking down my brother made a comment about me and my drama and it made me realized that he's right. I can't allow other people to effect me in a negative way. Why do I give people so much power over me, that when they do something that, as a friend, I wouldn't do to them, it upsets me. (anyways I plan to post a blog on this topic).

After breakfast we headed to con. Mike and Ray were going shopping and then heading home while I was not cosplaying and all I wanted to do today was take pictures of cosplayers and hang with friends.

I walked the halls taking pictures, while being joined by friends for a few minutes and then departing. Chris had promised me that he would text me when he got here as he felt bad for not doing it yesterday. So I waited for his text, which finally came around 2pm. I met up with him and he was with Haley, a new friend that he had met (I wasn't a fan of hers as she came off cold and unfriendly towards me yesterday), she wanted to go check out something outside. I wasn't in the mood to go outside so I said my goodbyes and headed on my way. Spent the next few hours taking a lot more pictures of amazing cosplayers.

Around 4:30pm I headed to the Strip Club for our traditional "goodbye" dinner. We had another large group this year and we sat at five different tables. At first I was sitting with Chris and Haley but then the Kunis' came in and I hadn't got to spend any time with them so I jumped to another table to hang with them.

It was some good times. I was the griller for our table and it was great getting to know Melissa and Matt better. I learned how they met and how long they've been married and a few other odds and ends.

We said our goodbyes and headed back to the hotel to get the car. The ride home was long. As it took about 4 1/2 hours to get to San Diego it took about 4 1/2 hours to get home. We stopped at one rest stop to go to the bathroom and grab something to drink. Chris was passed out in the back seat but luckily Dallas stayed up with me just so I didn't fall asleep at the wheel which was tough towards the end.

I dropped off Dallas and then Chris and I crashed at my place.

Day 5 of San Diego Comic Con had it's ups and downs like Saturday. But I did get to hang with some cool friends at dinner and I got lots of great pictures of cosplayers.

Overall San Diego Comic Con 2014 was kind of just okay. Negative side, I didn't get to do any panels, I didn't get to hang out with my friends as much as I would like and the hotel situation wasn't the best but on a positive note I did get to cosplay two days (my Hobbit feet survived) and I saw some friends that I haven't seen in a while... so I'll take the good with the bad.

Will I be doing SDCC 2015, You betcha.. already planning out my cosplays for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment