Monday, August 18, 2014

Escape to Disneyland

Here's my 44th Birthday countdown picture, it's Day 8 so here I am at Age 8. Only 36 more days to go!!

I came across this on the net and got a real kick out of it so of course I had to share it on Facebook and Twitter... and now on my blog. -->

Today was all about Disneyland and Disney California Adventures with my buddy Brett. It's been a month or so since going with Lydia and I've been wanting to escape the "real" world and enjoy a day of no stress and worry about how your life isn't quite going as planned.

We started with Disney California Adventure (DCA) as there wasn't a huge line to get in like there was at Disneyland. The park was busy but at most I think we stood in line for maybe a half hour. We did take advantage of fast passes so we didn't have to stay in any hour lines. We did most of the rides at DCA. We also picked up some lunch out in Carsland.

We headed over to Disneyland around 2pm and that place was super packed. We actually only rode two rides and watched the Guardians of the Galaxy "sneak preview". Before we left we stood in the Dole Whip line. I have walked by this line for years and years and never attempted to get a Dole Whip... well today was the day. Neither Brett nor I have ever had one so we got in the long line. It actually moved pretty fast and within 20 minutes or so we had our Dole Whip soft serve non-dairy ice cream. I have to say it did not disappoint and was well worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment