Sunday, August 17, 2014

Radcliffe, Family & The Geekies

First I want to share a video that I came across. It's Daniel Radcliffe (who played Harry Potter) surprising unsuspecting people who are at a screening of his new film "What If". The reactions of some of these folks are hilarious. I don't think I would have had a "big" reaction though I'd be dying inside. Check out the video below.

 

Today I visited with family, it's been a few weeks and I always try and see them every few weeks. Both Kenobi (nephew 5) and Molly (niece 2) are growing up so fast. Both kids are now running up to me when I arrive at the front door. Molly goes around and announces to everyone that Uncle Kenny is here.. it's the cutest thing. She even came up to me and gave me a piece of paper that she wrote on (okay it was nothing but scribbles but still I'm putting it up on my fridge).

Went out to lunch with my Dad, we went to Red Lobster. This was my first time ever going to Red Lobster and the reason is that I don't like Lobsters or crab so I've never been. But I am a big fan of shrimp and my dad wanted to go so we did. I had heard of their cheddar biscuits and I have to say that they did not disappoint and the food was really good. This may be my first time but it won't be my last.

After lunch Dad and I went to Toy's R Us, CVS and Grocery Shopping. When we got back to the house my brother and sister-in-law were home so I got to visit with the entire family for a few hours. I mostly played with the kiddos.

I got home around 8pm. I was suppose to attend the Geekies tonight but things changed. Last year they gave us judges tickets to the event and I had a blast watching this award show live and in person so I was really looking forward to it this year.

Well a few weeks ago I got an email from them saying: As a special guest, you are invited to watch the show from our private celebrity room in Bardot and attend an exclusive DJ pre-party from 5-7pm. Party includes food courtesy of Wahoo tacos and a variety of wines from Rocca Vineyards (along with a full cash bar). This is our exclusive viewing area for judges, show presenters and celebrities, where you'll be able to party and mingle all night. After the show, we'll host a post-show party with DJ and pizza courtesy of Pizza Hut!

It sounded nice but there was no mention of watching the show live and in the main room. But at the bottom of the email was Tickets: If you or your guests would like to purchase tickets in the main room, LIMITED floor and balcony seating is available. So we had to purchase our own tickets if we wanted to watch the show like last year.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure for some people this sounds great, hanging with celebrities and networking with entertainment folk but it doesn't for me. I'm extremely shy and introverted when it comes to parties and talking to people. If I'm going to attend the Geekie Awards Show I want to actually "attend" the show, not watch it on a TV screen from a room in a Hotel next to the venue. 

Needless to say I was disappointed and did not go. I don't mind that they didn't give us free tickets for this year but the fact that they didn't tell us this before we agreed to be judges is what bothers me. Last year judges were given tickets to attend the show so why wouldn't we get tickets this year. 

Would it have changed my mind if I knew that I wasn't going to get free tickets to the event.. probably not. I enjoy being a judge for the Geekies but it wouldn't have been such a shock and disappointment. I really had been excited for this event for months... oh well life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment