Thursday, November 20, 2014

My First 30 Days

Thirty days ago I was diagnosed as pre-diabetes, my sugar levels were 6.4 and to be officially diabetic your sugar levels need to be 6.5 and above... so I have come as close to being diabetic without being official. So I had to make some changes... some major changes.

I have 90 days before I have to go back and be re-tested in hopes that my numbers have gone done. So I broke it down into three stages. The first 30 days would be getting into a routine with working out and begin the change to my diet. The middle 30 days I would increase my working out from a half hour to a full hour of cardio and continue to work on my diet and start to include veggies. And then the final 30 days will be the same hour long cardio work out and hopefully have a new outlook when it comes to eating.

So as I mentioned I've hit the 30 day mark today and I'm happy to say that I have completed my goal of doing 30 to 45 minutes of cardio every single day (for 30 days). I walk/jog every morning around the NoHo park. I've integrated it into my morning routine, I get up and the first thing I do is put on my sweats and head out the door.

The food aspect of my first 30 days has been tougher. I've have done fairly well with my "GI" sugar intake but I haven't done that well with my fat and calorie intake. I have lost 6 pounds in this first 30 days which I know is okay but I'm disappointed as I was hoping to lose at least 10. In this first 30 days I've cut back my diet soda intake to only a few cans a week (I was doing 3 cans a day). I also have cut out potatoes (I've only had french fries 3 times in the past 30 days). Also my pasta and bread are now whole wheat. I've given up rice, and if I do eat it (twice this month) it's been brown.

So I've had my ups and downs the past 30 days... but let's hope I continue to improve my diet in the next 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment