Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Urgent Care Visit

This isn't the best way to end this year but since it's been a pretty crappy year I guess I shouldn't have expected anything better. I've had a tooth ache the past few days. I have bad teeth so I get pain here and there from time to time and it normally goes away. Well this morning I woke up and the left side of my face was swollen. It was like I had a golf ball in my cheek. It's obvious that the tooth is infected and that I'll have to go to a dentist ASAP.

Well I called ten different dentist since I don't have one and every place I called is closed for the holidays and won't be open until January 5th. I did find one dentist open, Western Dentist, but they don't take emergency cases. Things were getting frustrated as I was in pain and I knew this golf ball size infection was going to get bigger and bigger if I didn't do anything about it.

So I finally opted to go to a local Urgent Care, I figured I could go to a doctor and probably get antibiotics from them. Sure enough they were able to see me and the PA checked out the tooth and indeed it is infected so she gave me a prescription for 10 days worth of antibiotics.

The infection is actually causing a fever and making me feel not so great. I'm bummed as it's going to ruin any plans I had for New Years and it's not how I wanted to bring in 2015... but such is life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with such a terrible turn of events during the holiday season. Immediate medical attention should be simple and convenient to find in times of distress such as your emergency with your infection. I am happy to hear that you found care and were able to find some relief. Hopefully your holiday season improved from there.

    Velvet Foronda @ U.S. HealthWorks Cupertino

    ReplyDelete