I've been debating on weather 2014 was a good year or a bad year overall. Of course I had ups and downs like we all do but my downs were extreme downs and my ups are really high ups. I'll list my good and bad things and see which comes out on top.
Let's start with good in 2014:
- I moved into my new apartment in North Hollywood blocks from many of my close friends.
- Met someone online and hit it off, possible boyfriend?
- Said person visited for a week, had a great time, only issue he lives in Portland
- Went on my Dream Vacation to Ireland and the UK for a month. Got to meet several "online" friends who were amazing and wish I lived closer to them so we could hang out more often. (Matt, Erlend, Bel, Daniel, Simon, Phil, Russ & Markus)
- I got to enjoy Wondercon
- I visited Disneyland about 15 times through out the year
- Discovered several amazing TV shows, that weren't on my radar to watch. Call the Midwife (Thanks Jes via America), Looking, Please Like Me.
- I got to spend some quality time with friends who came from over seas (Lydia & Thomas)
- I attended San Diego Comic Con
- Got some amazing movie this year, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Imitation Game to name a few.
- Got my fourth geeky tattoo
- Some really good TV this year, Scorpion, Agents of SHIELD, Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Big Bang Theory,
- Got to play more D&D (Thanks Dallas for always making it fun and entertaining)
- Marriage equality has become mainstream, we are currently up to 35 state were gay couple can legal marry.
- My family & friends are healthy
- My continued weight issues, high as 217
- Being diagnosed as pre-diebatic.
- Distancing friendships
- My continued fight with depression. I was at my lowest this year in a long time. Was very difficult to pull myself out of it... it's a continuing fight.
- I only worked five weeks this year
- Lack of work has meant huge credit card debt, gotta charge to survive.
- Stress from all this effects my health even more
- Still single and lonely, haven't had a date in many years
- Lost my friend Craig this year... I miss him.
So what do I hope for 2015... well I got all the bad out of the way and I'm due for some good. In 2015 I'll find a great job (that lasts a while) and a great guy that I can see spending he rest of my life with. With a job I can get my financials woes in order and I've already started working on bettering my health towards the end of 2014 so I'll continue to move forward with that. I'm going to make a better effort to strength the friendships that I deem worthy and let go of the ones that no longer work. Gonna stop worry about what people think of me and just be the best me I can be.
I'm gonna grow Geekyfanboy Productions with more podcasts, video blogs and series. I know there will be set backs as I continue to struggle with my depression but I will overcome these obstacles and continue to fight the good fight. 2015 is a year of change and I'm ready for the challenge.