Thursday, January 8, 2015

Dropping Cable

Today I got a bill from Time Warner Cable and when I looked at it I noticed that my monthly amount went up. So of course in investigated as I didn't receive anything from TWC informing me that this would be happening. Well in the fine print of the bill it mentions the rate increase at the beginning of the new year. Also come to find out that my "promotional" deal when I signed up a year ago is over, hence my bill goes up by $20.

Finances are tough at the moment so I am now considering dropping my cable all together. Yes I know if I call the cable company and threaten to leave they would give me another deal but money is tight and cable isn't a necessity anymore. Of course I'll be keeping TWC internet but losing my TV. I've never been without cable. I have quite a few friends who don't have it and they seems to get along fine but TV is such a huge part of my life that I don't know how that will work. I mean I know I can find most of what I watch "online" but I won't be watching anything live. The question for me is can I live with that. I have until the 19th to decide as that's when I pay for another month of cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment