Friday, January 9, 2015

Health Insurance Woes

So my I got a letter in the mail today informing me that my health insurance rates will be going up again. In the past few years (roughly since I've turned 40) my rate has gone from $250 to double that as it's now going to be $508 a month. Up until recently I have been keeping up with the payment (via credit card) as I know my health hasn't been the best in the past few years with high cholesterol, high blood pressure and now being pre-diabetic. But I just can't do it anymore. I'm in debt up to my eye balls because of health insurance but the time has come to drop it. I'm going to try for one of these Obama care health plans and see what comes of it. If nothing comes of it then I'll go without until I can find a steady job and afford insurance again... wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! There are absolutely no words to describe just how frustrating insurance claims can be. I've heard a lot of great reviews about the health plans that Obamacare offers. I just hope it gives you the same help it had offered to the others. I'd love to hear your thoughts once you avail it. Keep us posted! All the best to you! :)

    Modesto Culbertson @ D&Z Law Group

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty hefty price, Kenny. $508 a month is quite a burden. There are many other health insurance options and plans that give you service for a much more reasonable price. You should definitely look around and check each and every one of them. Good luck!

    Donnie White @ Good Health Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Health insurance can get expensive and despite what people say sometimes you just can't afford to pay for it. I'm sorry to hear that your rate keeps going up as I would certainly not be happy about that if it were me. I wish you luck in the future in being able to find a steady job as that is not an easy task in this economy.

    Jason Hayes @ DECORM

    ReplyDelete