Friday, January 16, 2015

Looking, PGA Awards, Gay Marriage & Voyager Turns 20

So I finally finished editing up a Harry Potter podcasts that I co-hosted with my buddy Rico for his Treks in Sci Fi podcast. If you had read my blog earlier this week you'd have read that I was having issues with Rico's audio, well I manage to fix it a bit but I pretty much just had to get over it. It was as good as it was going to get and I needed to get the podcast done as it's due to be released in two days. I'm very happy with the podcast, it was a blast talking Potter. Can't wait until we do the next movie Chamber of Secrets.

I watched season 2 episode 1 of HBO's Looking. I really enjoyed season one of Looking and was looking forward to starting season two but I wasn't thrilled with this first episode. One thing I liked about season one of Looking was lack of drugs and alcohol. They were good stories that happen to be about gay characters. This first episode had all three main characters doing drugs, drinking alcohol and having random sex.. these things are sterotypes of the gay lifestyle and for the most represent a small portion of the gay community. I'm hoping they get back to the good stories with episode two.

I voted for the Producer's Guild of America (PGA) Awards today. That's always fun choosing my favorite TV and Movies of last year.

The US Supreme Court made a HUGE announcement. They are going to listen to arguments on a recent 6th Circuit decision to uphold the ban on gay marriage in the states of Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee. This could be what we have all be waiting for. The Supreme Court could make a Federal ruling on gay marriage which would mean it would supersede all State rulings. Now if it goes our way gay marriage will be legal in all of the United States, if it goes against us then it could be back to fighting state by state for marriage equality. I'm cautiously optimistic.

And one last thing.. Happy 20th Anniversary to one of my favorite Star Trek, Star Trek: Voyager. It premiered 20 years ago today. I remember watching that first episode and falling in love with this new Captain, crew and especially the ship. I've seen every episode of this series multiple times. We finally got a female Captain and she kicked ass. I was said when Kes left but was so happy with the addition of Seven of Nine, who turned out to be one of my favorite characters. I think it's time to do a rewatch of this amazing tv series.

No comments:

Post a Comment