Sunday, January 11, 2015

Podcasts, Websites and Golden Globes

I spent a good chunk of today editing some upcoming MASH 4077 Podcasts. One great thing about this podcast is that we normally record six episodes every few months. My goal every time is to edit all of them at once and then I don't have to worry about editing episodes for a few months (since we release two a month) but in reality I'm normally editing days before an episode is due to be released. But this time I managed to edit the upcoming episode for Jan 15th, also Feb 1st and got about half of Feb 15th's episode done. Thing is now just because those are done I need to force myself to continue to edit additional MASH casts and try and get the rest of the episodes that we already recorded in the can as well.

I also spent a good amount of time working on my new website. I have a website at Geekyfanboy.com but I've never been happy with it, but since I'm not a web master it takes me a while to figure out how things work and normally I get frustrated or bored and give up. Well I really want to get a page set up for my production company Geekyfanboy Productions so I started working on a new page before going back and trying to revamp my entire website. Of course it would be so much easier to just pay someone to do this but seeing that I have no money I have to do this all myself and it may take a while but I'm determined to get it done this time around.

The Golden Globes were on tonight and I was actually excited to watch them. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were hosting again and they did a pretty good job, I loved most of their jokes but the North Korean Foreign press person (aka Margaret Cho) joke went on way to long, but other then that it was fun. I loved that a lot of first timers won. I hate seeing the same person win year after year after year. Some of my favorite wins were Joanne Froggatt from Downton Abbey, Eddie Redmayne from The Theory of Everything and Gina Rodriquez from Jane the Virgin. Here's a list of all the winners.

Best Picture, Comedy: The Grand Budapest Hotel, Best Picture, Drama: Boyhood, Best TV Comedy: Transparent, Best TV Drama: The Affair, Best Miniseries: Fargo, Best Actress, Motion Picture Drama: Julianne Moore, Still Alice, Best Actor, Motion Picture Drama: Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything, Best Actress, Motion Picture Comedy: Amy Adams, Big Eyes, Best Actor, Motion Picture Comedy: Michael Keaton, Birdman, Best Supporting Actor, Motion Picture: J.K. Simmons, Whiplash, Best Supporting Actress, Motion Picture: Patricia Arquette, Boyhood, Best Actor, TV Comedy: Jeffrey Tambor, Transparent, Best Actress, TV Comedy: Gina Rodriguez, Jane the Virgin, Best Actor, TV Drama: Kevin Spacey, House of Cards, Best Actress, TV Drama: Ruth Wilson, The Affair, Best Actor, Miniseries: Billy Bob Thornton, Fargo, Best Actress, Miniseries: Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Honourable Woman, Best Supporting Actress, Miniseries: Joanne Froggatt, Downton Abbey, Best Supporting Actor, Miniseries: Matt Bomer, The Normal Heart, Best Screenplay: Birdman, Best Director: Richard Linklater, Boyhood, Best Foreign Language Film: Leviathan, Best Animated Film: How to Train Your Dragon 2, Best Original Score: The Theory of Everything, Best Original Song: John Legend and Common's "Glory," Selma

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is that your new website better include a cute picture of you, me Matt, or you and me, or you and Matt, or whatever. *pouts* _JL

    ReplyDelete