Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Steve Grand Xmas Song, Action Figures & Watching Joy

I came across this Christmas video on You Tube. It's Steve Grand (who I had never heard of before) singing a beautiful version of "All I want for Christmas" which is one of my favorite Holiday songs. The other reason I enjoyed it is because it's gay themed and you so rarely see gay themed Christmas music videos. Definitely going to be purchasing this..

So I've cut back on my toy collecting.. not because there aren't any really amazing action figures out there it's just that I'm running out of room in my two bedroom apartment. But sometimes I just can't resist getting new action figures and I tell myself that I'll figure out where I'm going to put them later.

That's the cast with the Star Wars Black 6 inch Black Series. I love the larger action figures because they have more details. But now Disney released these new Elite 6 inch figures. Now if you think the Black series are detailed they are nothing compared to the Elite series. Not only are they super detailed and look amazing but they are made out of die-cast and are heavy.

So the hunt begins for both 6 inch Black series and 6 inch Elite series. Black series can be found anywhere toys are sold but the Elite figures can only be found at Disney Stores and ebay.  And since I jumped on the bandwagon a bit late I'm only going to be able to get some of these off of ebay.. wish me luck...

In the evening I got to hang out with my best bud Robert and we watched my screener of Joy. Here's a quick synopsis: A story of a family across four generations, centered on the girl who becomes the woman who founds a business dynasty and becomes a matriarch in her own right. Facing betrayal, treachery, the loss of innocence and the scars of love, Joy becomes a true boss of family and enterprise. Allies become adversaries and adversaries become allies, both inside and outside the family, as Joy's inner life and fierce imagination carry her through the storm she faces.

I don't know how I feel about this movie.. was it good, yes it was but I think all the hype had gotten to me so I was expecting something bigger. The acting is fantastic and the story is good. I felt horrible for Joy (the main character) and all the crap she was going through. It's like there was a constant black cloud over her head. I felt the end was a bit odd and the fact that her grandmother who died halfway through the movie is the narrating it. I'm glad I watched it but I don't think I'd watch it again. I've give Joy a solid B.

No comments:

Post a Comment