Friday, January 22, 2016

Moffat Leaving Doctor Who

Today Steven Moffat announced that he will be stepping down as the show runner of Doctor Who after this tenth season is complete. I have mixed feelings about this as I think Moffat has written some of the best episodes of Who but as a show runner he's been a hit and miss. I haven't really LOVED Doctor Who since the Tennent years. I've enjoyed storylines, characters and episodes during Moffats run as show runner but not like I did with Davis as the show runner.

As I said.. Moffat is great at writing episodes, "Girl in the Fireplace" will always be my all time favorite episode of Who and his two-part episodes like The Empty Child & The Doctor Dances and Silence in the Library & Forest of the Dead are amazing. He even wrote what I think it probably one of the most popular and most fan loved episodes called Blink.. so he knows his Who. I will admit that I have really enjoyed this last season (season nine) of Who and I'm looking forward to season ten. I think overall this is a good thing. Moffat can go back to writing amazing stand alone episodes in the future.

You can read more about this departure HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment