Saturday, April 2, 2016

Korean BBQ & Karaoke

Went out for Korean BBQ for the first time. My buddy Andrew gathered a group of friends to grab some food down in Downtown Los Angeles. Not only was this my first time eating Korean BBQ but also being to this part of Downtown (Korean Town). Luckily for me friends Derek and Lauren Ubered down with me and knew where they were going, if not I think I might have gotten lost. Now if you've never done Koren BBQ (like me), here's what it is.. Korean barbecue or Gogigui (meat roast) in Korean refers to the Korean method of roasting beef, pork, chicken, or other types of meat. Such dishes are often prepared at the diner's table on gas or charcoal grills that are built into the table itself.

As I said I had no idea what I was in store for so when we got there we found our party and sure enough we were at tables with two large grills in the middle of them. Andrew did all the ordering and grilling which made it more enjoyable for me as all I had to do was eat all the tasty meats.. and man were some of the beef and pork amazing. We got a bunch of white rice as well and access to their "salad bar" type thing with some very unusual items. I tried to be a bit more adventurous and tried a few things that I didn't know what they were. Overall it was a great experience and I can't wait to do it again.

As the dinner wound down the majority of us were heading out to a Birthday Karaoke party for our friend Adam happening at a bar in the valley. I was able to catch a ride with friend Brent. When we got to the bar it was packed (95% were Adam's friends). Singing was happening and everyone was having a great time. I got a drink and sat with a group of friends from NerdStrong. The wait list to sing was a few hours long and I knew that I wasn't going to stay long so I just relaxed and enjoyed the karaoke. Around midnight I called it a night and got a lift back to my place. It was a super fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment