Saturday, May 7, 2016

A Day of Geeky Goodness

Today was a fun day.. worked out at NerdStrong then went out to lunch with some fellow NerdStrongers. Went home, showered up and then Lauren and I went over to the Federal/Blast Off Comic Book day. I've done comic book day in the past but this year it was a huge event behind the Federal Bar building in their parking lot. There were people cosplaying, food, games and of course comic book and comic book artists. We ran into some friends as well as come comic book artist friends. We got our free books and then walked around a bit. Afterwards we headed over to Blast Off comics to pick up some more free comic books and to see what kind of sales they were having. Lauren wanted to pick up a graphic novel and I wanted to buy some comic books but it was packed and the line was crazy so we just grabbed our free books and headed back to my place.

We hung out for a bit at my place before heading over to the Arclight Sherman Oaks to meet up with some other friends to see Captain America: Civil War. I've been really looking forward to this movie for a while as Captain America is my favorite of the Marvel heroes and I've really enjoyed Captain America and Captain America: Winter Solider. Joining Lauren and I at the movies was Joe, Zack, Dallas, Aaron, Mel and Leen.

As for my movie.. of course I LOVED IT... It felt more like an Avengers movie though Captain was the featured character. It was nice seeing the close relationship that Bucky and Cap have. The introduction of Spiderman and Black Panther was fantastic. And Ant Man growing big was amazing. Lots of humor in this installment but also lots of character building. I have never been a fan of Ironman and this movie made me dislike him even more. Though I will admit he wasn't completely in the wrong.. still not an Ironman fan. I like how this ended. Could there be more Captain America movies. If there's not I'd be okay with the way it concluded. It will be interesting to see these super heroes team back up for the new Avengers movies, if they team back up.. not a clue what's coming next.. all I know if I can't wait!!

After the movie Lauren and I continued our day of hanging out by grabbing some dinner in Hogsmeade at The Three Broomsticks. We then walked around Hogsmeade for a bit and rode a few rides before calling it a night.

Super fun day.. workout, brunch, free comic book day, movies (Captain America) and Universal (Hogsmeade). Thanks Lauren for being my sidekick today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment