Thursday, May 12, 2016

Assassins Creed Trailer & ABC Shows Cancelled/Renewed

They released the first Assassins Creeds trailer for the live action movie. I've only played a bit of Assassins Creed but I've watched several friends play so I'm aware of the franchise and I have to say from the trailer to movie looks like it's going to be loads of action.


ABC had their Upfronts so there was lots of news about TV series that have been cancelled and that have been renewed. I'll start with the good news as most of the the new is bad. The Real O'Neals got picked up for a second season. I really enjoyed this new series and I think it's got even better as the season went on.

There is one dark cloud that popped up recently, the actor Noah Galvin who plays the main character Kenny, is gay in real life, and during an interview said some real harsh and kind of bigoted comments towards other gay actors in Hollywood. His comments were real ugly and in turn made me not like him so much. I'm hoping I can look past that when this series comes back from season two.

The other good news is that Supergirl was picked up for a second season but as most suspected CBS moved it to it's sister station CW. This is really good news as ratings are as much of a factor, it also means will get more cross overs with Arrow, Legends and The Flash. I really enjoyed Supergirl, it has a completely different feel then the other three series on CW. I'm hoping this move doesn't change that. I do know that since they are moving to CW that that budget will be less then it was, but Arrow, Legends and Flash all have amazing effects on a CW budget so I'm hoping Supergirl can do the same.

Now for the bad news.. for those who don't know the characters of Bobbi and Hunter from Agent's of Shield left about 2/3'ds through last season. They were being spun off into their own series but unfortunately the pilot for their series called Marvel's Most Wanted was not picked up for a full season. I don't think they'll be able to come back to Shield because of the way they left. I'm kind of bummed that we won't be seeing these characters again as both were alot of fun.

This second one wasn't a big shocker but Galavant wasn't picked up for a season three and to be honest I was shocked when they were picked up for a season two, but don't get me wrong.. I loved Galavant S1 and S2 but I knew our luck had run out.

I think this cancellation was the hardest to hear, but also not a complete shock. They cancelled Marvel's Agent Carter.  We got two glorious seasons of Peggy Carter kicking ass. This series is definitely in my top 10 of all time favorite TV series. I love Hayley Atwell and pretty much all the actors in that series. Great season story arches and fantastic chemistry between the characters, especially Carter and Jarvis. I'm bummed that I wasn't be seeing any new Carter on ABC but as soon as this announcement was made a campaign started to get Netflix to pick up the series and if they don't maybe someone else will but if we never get any more Carter at least we have two amazing seasons that I can watch over and over again.

So this wasn't a good day for TV shows that I watch and enjoy. More bad then good, but that's usually how it goes for me as I tend to like the less popular shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment