Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Buddy Chris

Five years ago today I was at the Weston Hotel in Pasadena working on season five of The Guild. I was there it do interviews for my podcast (Knights of the Guild) but also to be an extra during a celebrity filled room party scene. There were very few extras chosen for this but one of those lucky few was a guy named Christopher Setts. I noticed him the day before on set, when he was extraing as a con goer but we never chatted.

Today we were put into a small room together to wait for the start of the first shot of the day. We chit chatted for a bit and I am enamored, it quickly became apparent that he was straight but we instantly bonded over our geeky likes . We spent the day "pretend" talking while we shot take after take of various scenes. By the end of the night I knew that I wanted to hang with this guy again.. and luckily for me he was extraing again the following weekend.

I knew from the moment I met Chris that we were going to be friends, and as our friendship grew we got closer and closer and pretty quickly started calling each other best friends. Chris can drive me absolutely crazy and he knows exactly which buttons to push and I think he gets a bit of joy from annoying me but I know when the chips are down or if need a shoulder to cry on he will always be by my side and I love him for that.

Happy 5th Friend-a-versary Bud!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment