Monday, November 8, 2010

1st Day on the Job (MTV)

Today I got up at 5:30am to work out  then got ready for my first day with MTV. Left the house around 7:30am and got to work at 9:30am.. yep.. two hour of wonderful traffic, but I expected that so it wasn't huge surprise. I am going to see if I can come in a bit later and shave off 30 to 40 minutes off my commute.

But I got into work at 9:30am and met the new line producer Liz. She then introduced me to the new PA Johnathan and then took me over to another building where the post department would be. There were two edit bays that were set up and my lead AE Johnny was already getting to work, he's pretty awesome and I'm extremely happy to have him on my team.

Don't have an office, computer or desk yet but I hope to get all that settled in the next couple of days. Today I hung out in the AE room and helped Johnny try and makes heads and tails of the pilot info.

All in all if was a great first day, going to have challenges but my team is coming along nicely. Other then the extremely long commute, thought coming home I found a pretty good route and it only took me an hour. I'm extremely happy with this new gig.

4 comments: