Saturday, November 13, 2010

Kenny Vs. The Woodpecker

I was woken up at 7:30am by the tap, tap, tap, tapping on my bedroom wall. I jumped up put on some sweat bottoms and ran outside to kill that woodpecker.. but of course the moment you get close it flies off. This is the first time I have seen the new damage that this bird has done since last weekend and it's getting worse.

We've tried shiny things to deter the bird, we've tried bird repellent  and nothing is working. I know they said it's tough to get rid of a woodpecker but there has to be a way other then killing it (which I am close to doing).

Couldn't got back to sleep so I got up and filled in all the hole with wood puddy and plan on hanging CD from the roof and hope this will detract the pecker from pecking. I can tell this battle is far from over.. but in the end I will win one way or the other.

4 comments:

  1. You might try placing a motion activated light (or maybe a Halloween decoration) near where the bird is doing the most damage. My Grandfather lives in the woods, and gets woodpeckers damaging the house, but they don't seem to like the areas near the motion sensitive lights... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pellet gun and i'm a good shot. not the best option but let me know if my services are required.
    you know how to contact me.
    this message will self-destruct in 14 seconds.

    ReplyDelete