Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader


Just got back from watching the third Narnia film. I'm a huge fan of the books and have enjoyed the movies so I was looking forward to seeing this. I know it's had a rough road getting made and will probably be the last film made from the series but this was an excellent film. I actually liked it better then the 2nd movie Prince Caspin.  Now it's been a few years since I have read the books (well actually listen since I have them on CD), but I did notice a few changes to the story and other things I wasn't quite sure if it was in the book or not.. but that didn't bother me. This was a fun fill roller coaster of a ride filled with great special effects, a simple and understandable story and some good acting. The two main kids have really grown up especially Lucy. I also enjoyed the introduction of Eustace who was exactly as I pictured him from the books. I left the theater very satisfied and wanting to re-listen to the entire series again. I do hope they make a fourth movie with Eustace and his adventures in Narnia but at least the finished the story of the four main children. Only downside to seeing this was it was only playing in 3D and cost $13.50 for matinees viewings.. and to be honest you don't have to see it in 3D. The 3D didn't enhance the film at all.. But I don't really care because I loved the movie so much it was wroth every penny. I may actually go see this again in the theater but will defiantly buy it on Blu-ray when it comes out. If you're a fan of the books series and have enjoyed the movie this is a must see.. you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment