Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Healthier Me - Day 110

Once again I was a bit tired but I'm getting the hang of this getting up at 6:30am and working out.

Today's Workout:

30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical
4 sets of 10 on the chest fly for my chest (75 lbs)
4 sets of 10 working on my back (75 lbs)
4 sets of 10 on the curl arm for my biceps (45 lbs)
4 sets of 10 for shoulders (45 lbs)
4 sets of 10 on the front leg press (45 lbs)

My only concern is my diet, I did okay (no great) when I first started but I seemed to have fallen off the wagon. I blame my job, as it's easier to go out and eat then make something at home because I have to little time, but it's really my fault. I need to really step up the effort and stop eating out, or at least go back to once or twice a week like before the job. If I'm every going to hit my end of year goal something needs to change as cardio and weights can only go so far. I might see if I can get some medical help with this.. I know there are drugs that won't let your body absorb as much fat or maybe appetite suppressants... gotta talk with my doc.

1 comment:

  1. What about keeping fresh fruits/vegetables handy (carrots and Rutabaga ftw)? that way you can eat those when you get peckish.

    Those drugs that prevent some of the fat absorption can have some nasty side effects, so think the doctors only prescribe them after other options have been explored.

    The sames goes for appetite suppressants, these seem to mostly be used in short term treatment of extreme obesity.

    I'm sure you can do it without drugs. If you need to snack, just make sure there is something with few calories around. You've made it this far, which is great. Just don't get impatient and give up, it takes time and there are lots of other health benefits even though there isn't a sharp decline in weight. Go Kenny! =)

    ReplyDelete