Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Interview & Podcasts

Today was a busy day at work, but at 6:30pm I had scheduled to do an interview for my friend Chris on his Tech Barbarians podcast. He's been making his way through The Guild cast and crew and it was my turn. The interview is doing live on Ustream so you kind of have a live audience. So before the chat I was chatting with them in the chat room. The first hour of the interview was great, we talked about my career, The Guild, how I got into podcasting, Knights of the Guild and MASH 4077 Podcast. Then I was podbombed by Sean Becker and all craziness ensued (btw... Podbombing is when you are doing an interview and someone joins in via skype) . I couldn't even tell you what we talked about.. then Brian Kameoka podbombed the interview and finally Brett Sheriden podbombed the podcast... it was chaos but so much fun. The last hour of the interview was a big blurr. about and hour and a half into the interview the phones here at work died and I scrabbled to get connected again. I was finally able to connect with them again over skype on my little netbook. 15 minutes had passed so there was only another 15 minutes left in the show. Finished up the interview with letting folks know where they can find me online and came to realized that I am all over the internet... it's kind of crazy.

Anyways the interview was a ton of fun other then the dropped call, being podbombed by Sean, Brian and Brett was fantastic and the hosts of Tech Barbarians Chris and Mark were wonderful.. I'll post a link to the podcast when it is released (which should be a few days).

After that I got home around 10pm.. had some dinner, watched a bit of TV and then realized that I wanted to have a new MASH 4077 mini cast out by the 10th (which was the next day), both of my co-hosts were kind enough to get my the info I requested from there to me in time. So thought I was tired I took an half hour to record my bits. I then uploaded everything into Avid and started to edit. Got done with the very first SwampCast at around 1am, but I was able to output, levelize, convert and upload everything and post it to podbean and by the time I did that it was the 10th so I accomplished what I set out to do.

Tired, I went to bed, watched some Robot Chicken before falling asleep around 1:30am

No comments:

Post a Comment