Sunday, April 24, 2011

Doctor Who is BACK!!!

Wasn't able to watch this last night due to being on The Guild set but Harry and I sat down first thing this morning and watched the return of our favorite Doctor. Matt Smith returns as the all mighty timelord for this sixth season. Matt Smith joined Doctor Who last season and from the first moment he was on screen he was The Doctor instantly. So I was really looking forward to the return of Who. We hadn't seen a new episode since Christmas and before that it was months and months.

They're doing something different this year and splitting the season into two.. 7 episodes for the first part that will run from April to June and then the remaining 6 episode starting sometime in the fall to finish off season 6. Also different this year is BBC America is airing the episodes on the same day they are released in the UK (previously it's been weeks or months later). BBC America is also not cutting them to fit in the US schedule so will get the full episode the same day as the UK.. wooo hooo.

This premiere was part one of what I assume will be a two parter.  First let me say that I LOVED the premiere.. may not have understood everything.. yet.. but it didn't distract me from the wonderful writing and acting. What is great about Who is you know you'll get a payoff at some point. It may not be in the next episode or the one after that but the writing is so great that before the season ends all your questions will be answered.. and I love that about Who. Lot's of stuff happened in this first episode and of course it ends on a cliffhanger which makes me even more excited to see part two next week. Lot's of questions were asked and some secrets revealed.

If the first episode is any indication.. this seasons going to rock just like last season.

2 comments:

  1. Yep. It's a two parter. I need to watch it again. I'll probably do so right before I watch the new one this week, as I've heard this is the preferred way to view them from those who got to see both of them a bit ago in NY. In the DW Confidential they said most of the questions will be answered by the end of the season and some of them are set up for the next (if I'm remembering what was said correctly). We are going to learn a lot more about River Song though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they definitely came back with a bang didn't they. I agree I really enjoyed the episode and can't wait to see what happens next. I have a few thoughts as to what might be happening but too early to tell, it's one of the things I like about the show they give you a bunch of clues that you can try to work out but still have enough mystery that you are never sure :)

    ReplyDelete