Saturday, April 30, 2011

Yard Work

Today was a big yard work day, since this weekend is my only free weekend for the next three weeks I wanted to take advantage of that fact and get some major yard work done. I borrowed my neighbors mega weed whacker as my little hand held one can hack some of the humongous weeds we have. I started around 11am and the weather was warm but with a breeze so it kept me cool. I stopped around 1pm to make some something to eat then started back up around 1:30 and went until 4.

For those who don't know I own a house and it sits on 2 1/2 acres of land. Every year we have a fire line deadline, which means we have to have a 500 foot radius around our house clear of brush. Well the deadline is May 1st.. yeah that's tomorrow and there is a ton to do... talk about waiting until the last minute. But with that said I think I did a pretty good job at getting about  1/3 of it done and it was the toughest part of my property as it's all hillside. I had to stop at 4 because I had to get ready for a joint podcast which I'll talk about in another blog.

I totally forgot to take picture of the before and after but when I do the next section tomorrow, I'll be sure to do that so you can share in my accomplishments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment