Tuesday, May 31, 2011

12 Hour Work Day

I was off for Memorial Day Monday so Tuesday was the start of my work week. I had to get up at 5:30am this morning because I had to be at work by 8am which means I had to leave my house by 6am. So it wasn't the best way to start my week. We are finally "onlining" our first episode of Chelsea Settles (the new MTV show I'm working on). And I had to get the media/hard drive to the facility by 8:30am. 

So I dropped off the media and waited to hear back. Just for those who don't know what onlining is, here's a very brief description; "offline" are when editors take the footage (at a low resolution) and cut the show together. Once that's done it goes to another place and is called "online".. meaning they uprez all the footage and do all the final color correction and blurs and finish the show so it's ready to air.

So our 1st episode went to online and about mid day I heard nothing but good news. Everything looked great, there were no major video or audio issues and the show was on it's way to being finished. And just so you know that rarely happens so I was feeling great. I worked about 12 hours but didn't mind because it was all good.. wish I had more work days like this one.

On my way home I talked with my Dad and he has been having a few rough days. He's diabetic and since the cancer is making him not want to eat it's throwing off his blood sugar so he's been trying to find a balance with everything. Luckily my brother and sister-in-law are there to help him out. He goes in for his first Chemo treatment tomorrow... I hope all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment