Thursday, June 2, 2011

Quidditch Practice

Well it's been a few weeks since I've been to Quidditch practice so I was very excited to be attending a practice tonight. Practice was at 7pm at Pan Pacific Park. I normally get out of work at 7 but left a little early at 6:30pm. Even though it's only 8 miles it's all surface streets in the middle of rush hour traffic, so I arrived at the park around 7:30pm.. yep.. an hour to go 8 miles.. gotta love Los Angeles.

Got to the park and after walking around for a few minute I saw the familiar hoops and made my way over to them. Luckily they just started so I didn't miss much. We actually had 8 people show up today which is the most we've ever had. We also had two bystanders who were just walking in the part stop and watch and then actually join us for two games.. it was pretty awesome.

We played around eight games total, most of the time it was 3 on 3 while two people rested, until the last two games when we had 4 on 4, which was fantastic.

I got poked by a broom handle right in the gut, I took a dive trying to make a goal and while hitting my face on the ground I realizing that it was concrete. I ran full force into a team mate as I was unable to move around her, that lead to my left side of my face tingling as if I got smacked hard. After a few games I somehow twisted my ankle and was in so much pain that it made me nauseous and I thought I was going to throw up.

But even with all that it was SO MUCH FUN!!! Just being there with these people who are all HUGE Harry Potter fans made all the pain worth it. Unbeknown to me my teammates gave me a nick name "Cannonball" because when I have the Quaffle I'll run like a bullet to the hoops to score. So that made my night.

I'm extremely out of shape and can only last a few minutes at a time but I'm hoping in time my stamina and athleticism will improve. I'm the oldest person on the team but that won't stop me from having a great time.

GO HOLLYWOOD HARPIES!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's awesome! Strangely enough, I'm going to be playing in a Quidditch game about an hour an a half from now. Well, I'm not really playing in it; I'm going to be the snitch. At any rate, it should be a lot of fun.
    I've yet to encounter another Muggle Quidditch player. It's good to know my friends and I are not the only geeks out there playing. Try not to get too beat up in future games. Hah.

    Go Quablin Quafflebashers!

    ReplyDelete