Friday, June 3, 2011

Dating Again

You know I haven't really thought about dating since Harry and I broke up back in January as we still live together (until August) but I guess I'm going to have to start doing that again. It been over eight years since I've dated and so many things have changed.. including myself.

I saw myself in the mirror this morning and it just hit me.. I'm a short balding middle aged fat man. Last time I dated I was still short, but less bald and 30 pounds lighter and very much hated dating. I didn't like all the BS that went along with it. I guess one good thing now is I'm much wiser, I know what I'm looking for and won't put up with any BS. If I see "red flags" I know it's best not to ignore them. I have a better understanding of who I am now and I've learned to accept and love the way I look for good or bad. I know I'm a nice guy, maybe too nice on the verge of being naive... but that's just me. I have a good heart and I'm a hopeless romantic.

Folks have asked me are you going to play the field or settle back down and I don't really know. I've never been one to play the field but I don't want to get into a serious relationship unless I know it will be for the rest of my life. So I guess all I can say is will see. It's scary dating again after all these years but I think now that I'm older and wiser I'll have a better experience at it.. and who knows maybe I'll find Mr. Right this time.

2 comments:

  1. Awww. I'm sorry. I haven't been online much, so I didn't know about you and Harry.

    I don't think you have much to worry about. Just be yourself and it will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should be each other's wingman...since i hate dating too and i suck at it.

    ReplyDelete