Sunday, September 25, 2011

Birthday Extravaganza - Sunday

Was awake by 7:30am but stayed in bed until 8am. Got up and went out to the living around and everyone with exception to Scott & Will was up. I started working on breakfast when Scott got up and came to help along with Chris. Everyone else hooked up the Wii and started to play Mario Carts. Soon breakfast (we made, pancakes, eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, potatoes and fruit) was finished and we all had our share. Will finally got up and left without eating (had to get to church). The rest of us took our breakfast, sat down and began Episode 2 "Attack of the Clones". There was light banter back and forth about the "scenes" of Padma and Anakin. After that we went right into Episode 3 "Revenge of the Sith" and about 24 hours later we had watched the entire Star Wars Saga on blu-ray.

After that the nine of us (Aaron, Scott, Jen, Chris, Jes, Anne, Luis, Rupert and myself) went out to lunch at Islands and had a great time. Lot's of laughing and Star Wars references.  Anne departed our group and we were down to eight. We stopped by Best Buy so Chris could get The Fifth Element (for Scott, as he had never seen it and for some reason I don't have a DVD of it). When then went to Vasquez Rocks since it's only a few miles from my house. No one had been there before and all of them being geeks would have seen it in movies and films as they film alot of stuff there. We had all just eaten so it was going to be a light hike, well for some of us (Chris is a maniac :) ) We hiked for about of half hour before we called it a day. Got back to my place around 6pm and Aaron and Jen left us. The remaining party sat down and watched The Fifth Element (on blu-ray) and had a great time with this modern classic sci fi movie. Around 8:30pm we called it a night and the remaining folks Chris, Rupert, Scott, and Luis said our goodbyes and departed. Jes was staying the night and leaving Monday morning.

This was by far one of the best weekends I have had in a long time. I appreciate everyone who showed up on Saturday to celebrate my birthday with this awesome Star Wars marathon (Aaron, Scott, Jen, Adam, Chris, Andrew, Jes, Brian, Anne, Luis, Michele, Michael, Rupert, Will, Teal, Ali, Greg and Red 5. And I really want to Thank those of you who did the entire two day Extravaganza; Chris, Scott, Jen, Anne, Rupert, Aaron, Luis, and Jes. You guys are truly some of the nicest and sweetest people I know.

And to Chris, Jen, Anne, Aaron and Luis (Leslie & Scott), I single you guys out as you've have been to both my Indy marathon and now my SW marathon and I have no words that can express amount of love and gratitude I have for you guys. I've always wanted to find that group of close "Friends" who love to hang out just to hang out and it may have taken me 40 years but I feel like this group has become that. I can't wait until we do this again for Lord of the Rings in November/December.

Check out more pictures HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment