Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Terra Nova

I've been looking forward to this series. There's been alot of talk about this over the year and had several false starts but it finally premiered this week. I manged to watch half of it before work hell (see previous blog) but when I got home I watched the rest.  Overall I really enjoyed the first two hours. I liked the story and the characters. Acting was hit and miss but nothing so bad that it took me out of the story. the SFX were again a hit and miss but I do know it's a TV budget and my biggest SFX issue are the dinosaurs during the day, not the best CG but the dinos at night looked fantastic and were scary as heck. I liked how they explained alot in the first two hours but left several mysteries that I hope will unfold during the season. Only plot device I didn't like was when (SPOILER) they young girl who freaks out in the car leaves and seems to be attacked but someone escapes and manages to find the adults and help them locate the other kids. Other then that I liked the story. I can't wait to see where it goes and what adventures are in store for us.

I give Terra Nova 2 hour premiere a B

No comments:

Post a Comment