Friday, January 27, 2012

Working Out & Hanging with Leo

Once again got up and had oatmeal for breakfast. I didn't eat so healthy yesterday so today I planned to do better. Spent the morning online working on my new website. My buddy Leo and I have been chatting about hiking at Vasquez Rocks, both of us are trying to get into better shape. So around noon he messaged me and asked if I wanted to hiking today.. of course I said yes and we made plans to meet at my place at 2.

Leo arrived and we headed over to Vasquez Rocks. This was Leo's first time so I kind of let him take the lead and for the next hour and a half we walked all over that place. Great thing about hiking is you get to chat. So he and I chatted and got to know each other a bit better. I also got to hear some things that happen at my movie marathon weekends that I was unaware of. I guess being drunk and hanging with others at the party means you don't know everything that's going on. Anyways we had a great time and a very good hike.

After the hike we came back to my place and we went out to my garage to work out. Leo has a bad bicep and attempted to work out but was in too much pain to really continue. So I did my workout while we chatted some more. It's nice having company while working out.

Today's Workout:

1 hour and 30 minutes of cardio on while hiking

3 sets of 10 for shoulders (45 lbs)
3 sets of 10 on the front leg press (45 lbs)
3 sets of 10 on the chest fly for my chest (75 lbs)
3 sets of 10 on the curl arm for my biceps (45 lbs)
3 sets of 10 on the free weight (110 lbs)

After the work out we headed back inside and decided to watch a movie. Leo hasn't really seen alot of the cool sci fi and fantasy films of the 80's so I decided to show him a classic... Ghostbusters. After the movie we said our goodbyes and he headed back home and I had some dinner.

Two days in a row hanging with friends.. too bad this isn't the norm. Gonna spend the rest of the night working on my Alien Nation Podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment