Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Getting Back to "Normal"

Woke up kind of late but I guess since I went to bed so late it all worked out. First thing I did was throw away all the "spoiled" food from my pantry/refrigerator. I went through my stack of mail and then jumped on my computer only to find out that my second monitor is not working. So now my computer has a virus that I can't get rid of that prevents me from opening anything google (blog, gmail) and now my monitor is out. Going to have to rebuild my computer and buy a second monitor asap. Luckily for me I have my older computer (that has issues as well) but it will work as a temp computer until I get everything back up and running.

Today was just about adjusting back to my "normal" life. Staying in Montana for a half a month really does a number on you. You get into a routine seeing the same person and doing the same thing day in and day out and loving it. Now that I'm back I have so much stuff to do. I took a 2 weeks vacation from my life but it's not time to get back to it.

The most important thing is to find a job. I've been out of work since Oct of 2011, so it's going on 8 months. That's the longest I've ever been out of work and my bank account is feeling it. Luckily for me I got a decent tax return (which is what I'm living on now) since my savings is all used up. I'm still collecting unemployment (ever little bit helps) but I only have money left for another month or so. So finding a job is my number one priority.

But in the mean time while I'm looking for work I need to work on my podcasts. I kind of lost my "fire" for podcasting the past few months. Not sure why.. lots going on, but I need to step it up and get back on track with this hobby that I love. I need to record some MASH and Alien Nation podcasts before the end of the month and edit my next Confessions of a Fanboy. I have my fifth podcast Epic Geek Out gearing up for it's premiere... which I hope will be in May. As for my Knights of the Guild, it's currently on hiatus but I can't keep it there forever. I need to really figure out what I want to do with this podcast going forward.

I have some yard and house work to do. Weeds are starting to take over my 2 1/2 acres. And then there is dating. It's going on a year and four months since Harry and I broke up and I really would like to find the love of my life and spend what time I have left here with them. I guess I need to be a bit more pro-active as he's not going to show up at my front door.

So as you can see lots going on in my life. It's time to get things back on track and moving forward.

Got some movie marathons planned, Disneyland trips and spending some quality time with my friends and family... life is pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment