Monday, April 16, 2012

Adventures in Montana - Day 16 (Final Day)

Today I got up for my final day here in Montana. Chris made some yummy omelets for our final breakfast. We started off the day with another movie that I had not seen... Taken. This is the Liam Neeson movie and I remember when it came out in theaters but I wasn't really interested in seeing it. Well I'm glad Chris put this on the list. It was a very entertaining and action packed movie... loads of fun. I really enjoyed it.

After that we watched my final movie in my (first time viewing movie marathon). He's Just Not That Into You. This has a slew of big named stars and it was a nice ending to my marathon. I love romantic comedies and what was even better is the main character (or seemed to be the main character) was Gennifer Goodwin who plays Snow White on my favorite TV show Once Upon A Time. So it was great to see her and she is so adorable. A very sweet movie.

After the movie Chris and I had a light lunch and then jumped on Minecraft. We played a few hours but for my final hour I just wanted to sit on the couch and hang with Chris, which is exactly what we did.

The time had finally come. My time here in Montana had come to an end. It was time to go home and get back to my life. I figured I'd be more emotional about leaving but I only teared up a bit on the drive to the airport but when we got to the airport and Chris got out of the car and came over to me and gave me one final hug I lost it and sobbed into his shoulder.

We said our final see you laters and I headed into the airport. This was Great Falls International Airport so I expected it to be fairly big but it wasn't. There were actually just six gates at this airport. I did the self check in but then had to wait in line for about 45 minutes until I could check in my bag. After that I went upstairs to the gate but security was closed so I waited another 30 minutes for security to open before getting to my gate. The wait time after security was less then five minutes. I got on the plane and was surprised on how small it was. It held about 50 people total. And for this flight from Great Falls to Salt Lake City Utah there were 11 of us on this plane.

The plane flight was uneventful, we landed in Salt Lake City an hour and 15 minutes later. I made my way to my connection flight which wasn't difficult at all. Delta had people all over the place directing folks to their connection flight. I made it to the gate and had a 45 minute layover.

Once again I was on the same small plane that held 50 but this time the plane was packed. This flight went from Salt Lake City Utah to Burbank California. Once again it was an uneventful flight. I watched some Star Trek TNG to occupy my time. This flight was a bit longer then the last, about an hour and 25 minutes.

I got to Burbank (first time flying into that airport, so much better then LAX). I waited about 15 minutes for my bad and then made my way outside to meet up with my buddy Will, who was kind enough to pick me up from the airport.

It was about 9:30pm so we went to a local Denny's to grab a late dinner before heading back to my place. It was good to be home.. the air in the house was a bit stale from being closed up for over two weeks. Will and I hung out and chatted for another few hours. He wound up staying the night and I think we went to bed somewhere close to 2am...

It was great because I needed a friend and couldn't ask for a better one. I was extremely sad about leaving Chris in Montana, not only because I won't see him on a regular bases but I know how unhappy he is living there now... it's hard for me to see my friends sad, but luckily it won't be forever.

Now it's time to get some sleep and get back up to speed on my life here in California.

I plan to blog about my over all experience in Montana in the next few days.. so stay tuned for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment