Thursday, June 14, 2012

Organizing my Toys

Today my buddy Sebastian and his girlfriend Amanda came over, they are planning a two day hang out at my place. Sebastian and I are really into Star Trek and a few weeks ago I showed him some of my collection of action figures and ships and such. I mentioned that I really would love to organize and inventory my entire collection. He was excited to help so we planned this two day event.

I have about 40 plastic containers, extra large to medium size that contain my entire collection of geeky goodness. We grabbed four of the medium size totes and got to work. We had a process, I would take them out and dust/clean them, I'd pass them to Amanda who would take a picture of them and then pass them to Sebastian who would enter all the information in the excel spreed sheet that I created. We did this over and over for about an hour before we finished our first box.

We took a break and had lunch then did another box and another and finally our fourth box. After our fourth we were done. It doesn't sound like much we we logged about a hundred figures in those boxes.

We knew it would take more then two days to get everything logged.. well at the speed were going it's going to take about 10 days of doing four or five boxes a day. So this will be an on going process.. but it's going to be so great when it's complete and I have a complete listing of my collectibles.

After this I made some spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and we chatted for a bit. 

We moved on to a movie, none of us had seen Despicable Me. I got a screener but never watched it. I heard it was good and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was a sweet story and of course I loved Agnes the little girl who just loved Unicorns (He's sooooo fluffy!!!!)

We finished the night with a viewing of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Neither Amanda nor Sebastian had seen this movie and really wanted to see it..

We finally went to bed around 1:30am and after watching a Simpsons episode I fell asleep around 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment