Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sebastian, Starships & Steaks

Since I wasn't able to really hang out with my buddy Sebastian yesterday I went down to Burbank to hang out with him for a few hours today. I had a ton of stuff to do; podcasts, yard work, job search but I wanted to see him for a few hours.. well those few hours turned into a seven hour visit... it crazy how time flies when you're having fun.

One thing that Sebastian and I share is the ability to talk about any and everything. He and I are so very different in so many ways but we do share a love for Trek, which is why we really became friends, but then we meet and there is this chemistry between us that allows us to instantly share everything with each other, no matter how private or personal. Anyways got to his place around 11am and we hung out and chatted, then headed to lunch at Outback Steak House, Sebastian didn't have the best experience but I was happy with the my food.

After lunch we headed back to his place and the mailman was there with a large box that Sebastian was dying to get. He was like a kid at Christmas, he couldn't wait to open it. What he got was a Star Trek Enterprise D light up replica.. it was pretty awesome and he was so excited about getting it. He opened the package, and admired (played) with it for the next hour and then we talked Trek for the rest of the day.

I finally left around 5pm and got home around 7pm, by this time I couldn't do any yard work but I did manage to work on the next MASH 4077 podcast episode. Also I tried to do a skype chat, google hangout, and Facebook video chat with my bestie Chris but my internet is so slow that it wouldn't work properly so finally I just gave him a call on the phone and we chatted for a little over an hour. I miss seeing him. We text or chat online via IM almost everyday but it's so different when you get to actually communicate verbally or even better in person. I love talking to him but it also reminds me of how much I am missing him. Regardless it was a fantastic way to end this fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment